Graphic Design Diploma Program
This program is no longer accepting new students and/or re-entering students into the program.
The best graphic designers are artistic with a head for strategy. You will need the technical skills and artistic abilities to create visual solutions to business challenges. Graphic designers use their knowledge and experience of color, shape, image and typography to create designs that inform and persuade. Posters, corporate logos, magazine layouts, websites, brochures, signs and advertisements of all kinds are just some of the marketing tools that graphic designers create.
Program length –10 months
Students gain technical training, practical experience and professional skills in this Graphic Design program. Students use Mac workstations loaded with industry standard design software from the Adobe® Creative Cloud, including Photoshop®, Illustrator® and InDesign®.
Upon completion, students could have learned the fundamentals of design and be prepared to:
- Visualize and outline potential design solutions to client needs
- Identify demographic audiences, and design for them
- Develop finished designs through the appropriate us of line, shape, color, image and typography
- Use standard software packages to support the design process
- Output finished designs in the formats and resolutions appropriate for their intended uses
- Be proactive in discussing design choices with clients and potential clients
Graphic designers may work as freelancers or as employees of advertising agencies or in the creative departments of a larger organization. Titles could include:
- Graphic Designer
- Print Production Specialist
- Production Artist
- Digital Artist
- User Experience/User Interface Designer
- Art Director